Saturday, July 18, 2015

DIY FLORAL OMBRÉ WALL ART

Yesterday was a Friday at work, and every time I got a little distracted I was on Pinterest. I'm getting ready to move into my first real apartment, so there's 5 billion diy home decor projects I want to do! I found this picture on Pinterest, reposted from this blog (couldn't find the original post).


^ mine vs. pinterest ^

I thought it was super cute, but I wasn't really into the bright colors, so I recreated the project here in my own style!

ALL YOU NEED...
  • An assortment of fake flowers (all different sizes and shapes!)
  • hot glue gun
  • foam core (a huge sheet is a couple bucks)
  • exact-o knife
  • spray paint (at least 2 colors)



It doesn't matter what colors your flowers are, but I tried to get a lot of white since I knew it would be the easiest color to cover. Just get the cheapest fake flowers possible! Most craft stores have a clearance section with "out of season" fake flowers. The foam core is so much cheaper than a canvas, and it's sturdier than cardboard. Also, with the foam core, you can make any shape you want! I think a big initial or a heart would be cute too.



I started by cutting all the stems off the fake flowers, getting as close to the actual flower as possible. The flatter it is, the easier it is to glue on. Lay them all out on top of the foam in the arrangement you want. Now you can see how big you need your foam to be.



Make sure to cut your foam core a little smaller (about half an inch) than necessary to avoid blank spaces later. Once you cut out your foam core, go ahead and hot glue those bad boys on!


Let the glue set and dry for about 10 minutes. After that, spray paint them thoroughly with whatever colors and ombré fades you want. Make sure you do a second coat of paint after the first one dries. That's it!







No comments:

Post a Comment